Room Template

Join Our Meeting

Meetings at St Johns Church annex Lemsford Village

Built & Maintains our Website
Read More »

Quick View of lemsford Parish - Click on Star

  • St Johns Church
  • St Johns School
  • Lemsford Mill
  • Brocket Hall
  • The Sun Inn
  • Long & Short
  • Crooked Chimney
  • Waggoners
  • Lemsford WW1
  • Lemsford Springs
  • Lemsford Village
  • Cromer Hyde
  • Stanborough
  • Handside
  • Publications

Bob Eagles a regular member of the group has produced many memories of the Eagle family. He has produce images and family trees that we have open to the public via our website.

Lemsford Local History Group have a large archive of documentation & images for all aspects of history in Lemsford Parish. For our website we require your help to update and provide memories, facts and images about all aspects of the past in Lemsford Parish. Please Contact us on

Andy Chapman LLHG

Enjoy Our Images

All photographs, images, PDFs and text used on this website are for your enjoyment. Please remember all photographs and material used on this site MAY NOT be copied, in whole or in part, or be duplicated to another computer, transmitted, published, reproduced, printed, hotlinked, etc. without the express written permission of the Lemsford Local History Group. To apply to use an image or article Contact

Census Name Age Relationship Location Occupation Birthplace
1841 Ann Eagles 50 Lemsford Hatfield
1841 Mary Eagles 35 Lemsford Hatfield
1841 Hannah Eagles 30 Wsis Lemsford Hatfield
1841 Fredrick Eagles 5 Lemsford Hatfield
1841 New Family Lemsford Mill
1841 Ann Eagles 50 Lemsford Mill
1841 Mary Eagles 35 Lemsford Mill
1841 Hannah Eagles 30 Lemsford Mill
1841 Fredrick Eagles 5 Lemsford Mill
1851 Hannah Eagles 42 Wsis Lemsford Straw Platter Hatfield
1851 Fredrick Eagles Nephew Lemsford Ag Labourer Hatfield
1851 James Eagles neph Lemsford Scholar Hatfield
1851 Jesse Eagles 3 Neph Lemsford Hatfield
1851 Joseph Eagles 21 Wsis Lemsford Ag Labourer Camb
1861 Hannah Eagles 42 Wsis Lemsford Straw Platter Hatfield
1851 Ann Eagles 80 Head Lemsford Shep'sWid/Alms Hatfield
1861 Hannah Eagles 52 Daughter Lemsford Charwoman Hatfield
1861 Fredrick Eagles 25 Grandson Lemsford AG Labourer Hatfield
1861 James Eagles 17 Grandson Lemsford AG Labourer Hatfield
1861 Benjamin Eagles 8 Grandson Lemsford Scholar Hatfield
1871 Hannah Eagles 62 Daughter Lemsford Strawplatter Hatfield
1871 Benjamin Eagles 19 Grandson Lemsford Wood Cutter Hatfield
1881 Benjamin Eagles 28 Head Lemsford Platelayer Lemsford
1881 Hannah Eagles 29 Wife Lemsford Hatfield
1891 Benjamin Eagles 39 Head Lemsford General Labourer Lemsford
1891 Sylvia Eagles 42 Wife Lemsford Somerset
1891 Arthur Eagles 8 Son Lemsford Scholar Lemsford
1891 Mary Eagles 38 Daughter ? Lemsford Staffs
1901 Benjamin Eagles 48 Head Lemsford Water Cress grower Lemsford
1901 Sylvia Eagles 52 Wife Lemsford Yeovil Somerset
1901 Arthur Eagles 18 Son Lemsford Scholar Lemsford
1911 Benjamin Eagles 58 Head Brocket Lodge Ayot Water Cress grower Lemsford
1911 Sylvia Eagles 62 Wife Brocket Lodge Ayot Yeovil Somerset
1911 Arthur Eagles 19 Head Lemsford General Labourer Lemsford
1911 Florence Alice Eagles 28 wife Lemsford General Labourer Ayot St.Peter
1911 Arthur James Eagles 6 son Lemsford scholar Ayot St.Peter
1911 Sylvia Florence Eagles 3 Daughter Lemsford Ayot St.Peter
1911 Frederick Charles Eagles 5 Mths Son Lemsford Ayot St.Peter
1939 Florence Alice Eagles 56 Head Lemsford Unpaid Domestic Duties Ayot St.Peter
1939 Sylvia Florence Eagles 32 Daughter Lemsford Domestic Duties Ayot St.Peter
1939 Alfred J Davey 22 Lodger Lemsford Permanent Way Labourer
1939 John R Eagles 24 Head Riverside Cottages Lemsford Boot and Shoe Repairer
1939 Irene G Eagles 22 Wife Riverside Cottages Lemsford Unpaid Domestic Duties
1939 Patricia I Eagles 1 mth Daughter
1911 5mths Son Lemsford Ayot St.Peter

Lemsford Local History Group

The Lemsford Local History Group, formed in 2001, is interested in all aspects of the history and the people of this area - both ancient and modern. We welcome correspondence from anyone who shares this interest.The group archives now include a significant number of photographs and documents, as well as records of baptisms (to 1985), marriages (to 1970), burials (to 2003) and memorial inscriptions (to 2003) from the St John's parish church registers. Records of births, marriages and deaths before the consecration of the church in 1859 will be found in the registers of Bishop's Hatfield parish. The archive also contains admission records for the village school - St. John's Church of England Junior Mixed Infants school - since it was first opened in 1872